NEW YORK CVS Health Corp is planning to significantly expand health services at its retail pharmacies if it completes a more than $66 billion deal for insurer Aetna Inc , a move that could save more than $1 billion annually, people familiar with the matter said.
- First U.S. birth for woman with transplanted uterus occurs in Texas
- Nestle, Stada prepare rival bids for Germany's Merck consumer health: sources
- FDA approves heart protection claims for Amgen cholesterol drug
- Sanofi ends development of C. difficile vaccine
- Cuba battling medicine shortages in wake of cash crunch
NEW YORK The U.S. government is considering setting new payment methods aimed at curbing costs for Medicare and Medicaid coverage of breakthrough medical treatments with very high prices, particularly novel gene-based therapies for cancer and other diseases, a top health official said on Thursday.
Indivior's experimental drug to help fight America's growing opioid addiction crisis was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration late on Thursday, boosting its sales prospects as competitors threaten revenues from an older product.
NIOVILLE, France President Emmanuel Macron's promise to rid France of controversial weedkiller glyphosate within three years has left some farmers in the European Union's largest grain producing country on edge.
Advisers to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Friday recommended that the requirements for screening blood donations for the Zika virus be relaxed due to diminished risk of transfusion-transmitted infection.